Saturday 22 August 2009

Stars and Stripes


I have long been a fan of Chic Shack and their accessories by Lexington and if I was dead rich I would have bought up the shop ages ago. Still, help has come in the form of Sarah Hardaker and her fab new fabric range. My highly anticipated order arrived this morning and I couldn't wait to get creating! You may remember my post a few weeks ago where I was playing around with stars and stripes...well here is the final product!

Made using Sarah's denim star print on linen and cotton canvas from Deckchair Stripes. Here's a detail on the back...




Lexington, schmexington! Mine was so easy to make and much cheaper!
I'm thinking next about upscaling this design - maybe a big floor cushion for the boys' room, or I might stretch one over a large frame like a big canvas.
If only there were more hours in the day...

3 comments:

  1. Kirsty they are lovely. You are sooo talented. I have been sewing tonight and alas it hasn't quite come out right! Oh well there is always tomorrow. I love the mini star detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, I hate it when things don't go to plan - I usually end up staying up really late until I've got it right - otherwise I can't sleep!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very talented! i have just been designing a new stripes collection for next year, also there is a little package on its way!

    ReplyDelete