Friday 19 March 2010

A colourful week

You may have noticed the lovely image at the top right of this blog, which is advertising the Homespun Fair. This is taking place at Portscatho Memorial Hall on Easter Monday. I realise that for many of you, Cornwall (and West Cornwall at that) is just too far away, but for anyone local, please come and say hello and have yourself a cup of tea and a bit of cake! It promises to be a great event - and it would be lovely to meet you!


I spent yesterday sewing this lot of lavender fish while the youngest was at his weekly pre-school session - the time goes so quickly!

This morning the two of us have been busy having our own crafting session...

I don't usually have the time to do Easter decorations, but I bought these polystyrene eggs - and thought it would be a pretty and colourful way to use up my many scraps of cotton.

Extremely easy to make: you'll need scraps of fabric or paper (cut into smallish pieces), glue and a bit of ribbon or lace. I just need to attach a bit of ribbon to hang them from a twig or two...I noticed yesterday that the willow in the garden is starting to show it's 'furry' buds - that will be perfect!
(I resisted the temptation to turn any of the eggs into chicks - but have kept a few blanks back so that the boys can do their own thing!)

Finally I took delivery of a very exciting package this week - a pair of fabulous CK cowboy duvet sets. Aren't they smashing?

Happy weekend to everyone!

19 comments:

  1. I love your eggs, they look great.
    I bet the boys love their new bed linen.
    Have a great weekend,
    Love Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your fish, they look wonderful all piled together like that! If I had the means, Id love to visit your fair too but alas, it is a bit too far from us here in the north!

    Hope it goes well, Im sure it will!

    Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wish I was down to go to the Homespun Fair, it sounds lovely & Portscatho is really pretty. Great venue! Those eggs are gorgeous, I may just have to give them a go! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the eggs - I have a stash of eggs from my teaching days to papier mache! Don't think I'll have time to do them this year but a project for those quiet moments in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the eggs - they will look lovely on a catkin branch.
    Good luck with your craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kirsty
    Your fish and eggs are gorgeous as always ;-)
    I would love to come to Portscatho for the fair - it is my favourite little corner of Cornwall anyway! If there's any chance of being in the area over Easter, we will come along - it would be lovely to meet you and the others :-)
    Have a fabby weekend,
    Denise x
    PS: it was our last adoption prep day today - next step: meeting the social worker ..... woop de dooooo! I'm just a little excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could get to Cornwall - apart from the fair its one of my favourite places.

    Loves the eggs too - look forward to an Easter post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Decoupage eggs - what a great idea!

    How weird are our coincidences?? That's you and Pipany I have mirror image lives with.....goosebumps!

    Have a fabulous weekend,

    Nina xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is so colourful, but so you. Such a great idea with the eggs and the fish are just beautiful. And the duvet covers, they look amazing. Feeling clucky at the thought of two boys and shared bunkbeds! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the CK cowboy duvets. I have a bath sheet in the fabric. It's supposed to be for kids, but it's MINE!
    What gorgeous fabrics. A feast for the eyes. For two pins I'd be down at the fair, down in beautiful Cornwall, but alas, it's the weekend and I have to put on my chauffer's cap, chef's hat etc, etc...(what's different from any other day?)
    Have fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely fish and eggs. I have made similar eggs in the past and get them out every year to hang on our Easter tree.

    I wish I could go to Homespun but there's no chance this time :-(

    I am always up for a swap if you fancied some ribbons and spools ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you been reading enid blyton? When did you ever use the word smashing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosie's walk is one of all time favourites, I just adore the illustrations and the colour palette.

    Brilliant idea with the eggs, hmm must have a go!

    Good luck at the Homespun in Porthscatho, so wish I could come.

    Thanks for your lovely comments over at mine,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely divine. I will save that gorgeous egg idea for next year and have a go at them then (we are away for easter and am still recovering from birthday parties). I am just blown away by your fox - amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I LOVE the fish! The duvet covers are quite smashing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the eggs, great idea.

    Cool bunk beds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you have a stall at the Homespun? I'm hoping to come along as we're in st Ives on holiday. Love the eggs..where did you get the polystyrene eggs??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your lavender fish are so cute. Thanks so much for dropping by Beach Vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello
    youve been busy, i love the whale and the elephant cushions ( & i always love your wooden beauties!) just doing a post about clever readers after the birdy card you sent me.

    ReplyDelete