Tuesday 12 April 2011

Fisherman's cottage with lighthouse

A piece I've made this afternoon. I found the striped bit of wood ages ago, and knew it would make the perfect lighthouse, it's just taken me a while to get other bits together!

I've used a washer to represent the lightbeam.

The cottage was a lovely bit of ply with flaky white paint on one side: I've scratched the paint off at the top to make the 'roof' - and added my trademark nail 'chimneys'! The piece of driftwood along the bottom had paint along one edge, so I've turned that into a sea wall - the paint then becomes the sea!
I'm planning on taking this one to Homespun Fair (Easter Monday - soon be here!), but if anyone is interested in buying it, you can always e-mail me!

There wasn't much wood to be found this weekend - seems alot of it has been used for beach barbeques/fires lately (one drawback to the beautiful weather we've had) but I did find this cute piece (above). Isn't the shape perfect? And in the prettiest shade of blue!

This one is for sale in my Folksy shop!
Hope you're enjoying the Easter holidays so far! xx

13 comments:

  1. Love your lighthouse and the way you have scratched the roof makes the cottage look thatched. Hope the fair is a huge success.
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good day at the fair
    Julie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great driftwood in Cornwall! Or maybe it's just what you do with it :) Beautiful.

    Not so much washes up here in Guernsey, I have a couple of larger pieces earmarked for coat hooks (when I get round to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fab Kirsty, I love the sea wall, perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kirsty, more wonderful makes, love the lighthouse and the little boat with it's cute, stripey flag.

    As they say 'one man's trash........' or one man's BBQ fuel is anothers driftwood art.

    Hope you are enjoying some lovely Spring weather.....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tough call - summer BBQs or art! Love the little blue boat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love all your designs! hope you do well at the fair. jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all!Hope it's great at the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete