Sunday 29 April 2012

Church Street

Just a short post this evening, I only wanted to show you something I made this afternoon...

A little driftwood street, complete with its own church!

I have actually had this L shaped piece for quite some time....just waiting for the right time to use it!
The hole (which I am imagining is the bell tower) was there already: the cross I made from two rusty tacks, bound together with metallic thread.

But the most interesting thing about this sculpture is the long piece along the bottom. I have quite a few bits like this: it is hardwood, with lovely rounded corners. Can you guess what it was part of originally?

Can you guess now?!

Yep, it was a deckchair! I think I am going to keep it this way around, just to make it a little bit more interesting!

13 comments:

  1. It looks very effective Kirsty.........love it...


    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church Street is lovely Kirsty, and what an imaginative use for that broken piece of deckchair - I love it :o)
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another superb piece! That church is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I do love your work
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can almost hear the bells if you listen hard enough - a wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally love your little wooden houses !

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just adore your wonderful driftwood art cottages- they are just so impressive and fun...if i'd had a bag to put washed up driftwood in i'd wished id picked up a lot of it near me, after quite a stormy month i noticed some lovely pieces ;0)x

    ReplyDelete